VIETNAM TRADEMARK REGISTRATION
Please be advised that In Vietnam, multi-class applications are acceptable i.e. an application can be filed for more than one class of goods or service with payment of additional fee for additional class.
Class headings or general description of goods/services is no longer acceptable.
To avoid a potential official action, it is necessary to designate the detailed goods, preferably each item of the goods is equivalent or correlative to a basic number listing in the International Classification of G/S of tenth edition of Nice Classification.
To file a new trademark application in Vietnam, the following information/documents are required:
- Full name and address of the Applicant;
- A phonetic transcription/transliteration and identification of the language used should be indicated if there are any elements of the trademark with wording other than in Roman characters;
- A detailed specification of goods and/or services and its corresponding international class, if known;
- Five (12) clear prints/specimens of the mark of a size, which is not more than 80x80mm and not less than 15x15mm;
- Number Application and filing date of the basic application if a convention priority is claimed.Original Power of Attorney, which is simply signed by the Applicant. No notarization or legalization is required;
- A certified true copy of the basis application and its sworn Vietnamese translation (if a convention priority is claimed);